Video EZY Singapore
Video EZY used to be one of the favourite DVD rental shops where you can rent the latest DVD movies to watch. With technology, what used to be simple is now a big chore. At Video EZY in Singapore, you can rent a DVD back home to watch for about $6.50 SGD. The due date is typically 3 days or so from the day you rent the DVD from the shop. Sometimes, the latest hottest movies titles are not available as it is rented out to other users. So, you make your way to Video EZY only to find that you cannot get the movie title that you are looking for.
If you are still going to Video EZY for your DVD movie rentals, there is a big chance you might not have heard of Netflix. Or, perhaps you have heard of Netflix, but have no idea how to watch Netflix in Singapore. Netflix has the biggest library of movie titles and generally speaking, they provide quality of videos similar to DVDs or even HD movies. Netflix work via online streaming of movies, so this means that essentially, you will need to have internet connection in order to watch the movie titles.
Key advantages of Netflix
- Low subscription fees. For $7.99 USD per month, you can watch unlimited number of movies from a huge movie library
- Wide variety of movies, all available on the click of button, at the comfort of your home.
- You can setup Netflix to watch on your laptop, ipad or any tablet that you own.
- Free sign up. They have a 30 days free sign up. So if during the 30 days, you find that you do not like it, you can withdraw and do not need to pay a single cent.
How to watch Netflix in Singapore
I highly recommend you to read this Netflix setup guide from my previous post. It is very simple to setup Netflix, and all it takes is 5 minutes and you are up and watching Netflix on your own laptop computer. However, just as a guide, I will run through the key points as to watch Netflix in Singapore.
- Get hold of a vpn. As Netflix is not available in Singapore yet, you need a vpn so that you can mask your country of residence. ( More details about what is a vpn here)
- Activate the vpn and then sign up for Netflix. You will need a Singapore credit card or you can also choose to pay using paypal if you have an account. If you do not have a paypal account, you can set one up easily, and use DBS internet transfer to transfer funds over.
- Buy popcorn and watch movies.
Lastly, I just want to run over the key advantages of Netflix over Video EZY in Singapore.
Video EZY vs Netflix in Singapore
1) Netflix is online streaming. So you can just click on your mouse and watch movies. If you rent movies from Video EZY, you have to physically go and rent the movie titles and return them.
2) The cost of Netflix subscription is cheap, $7.99 USD for unlimited watching of movies. The typical price of a DVD from Video EZY is $6.50, plus the transport costs, time and hassle.
3) Netflix has one of the biggest title range. It is very updated so you can easily watch the latest movie titles.
Hope this guide is helpful for you to enjoy your movies better. Cheers!